We don’t just “groom” dogs and cats, we give them “style” and you an experience. This is why so many clients return year after year and often travel great distances! We have clients that return for our services from the far reaches of North County, South County, East County, La Jolla, Arizona, Rhode Island, and further!
Before requesting an appointment:
- Vaccination Records: To protect the health and well-being of all pets at Bow Wow Beauty Shoppe, we must verify proof that your pet is current with his or her vaccinations your 1st appointment. We will accept a typed receipt/record/stickers from your Veterinarian at the time of your 1st visit with the name and phone number of your Veterinarian. Although a hard copy is preferred as it saves you time, we can also call your vet to confirm current shot & vaccinations. If your appointment is scheduled on a Saturday or Sunday, please ensure your Veterinarian office is open should we have to call and confirm vaccinations to avoid a $20 cancellation fee.
- Dogs: Rabies, Distemper, & Parvo. Bordatella is preferred for grooming but not necessary.
- Cats: Rabies, Fvrcp, Leukemia
*Cats must have their shot & vaccinations 2 weeks prior to their beauty appointment. Dogs must have their shot & vaccinations 24-48 hrs prior to their beauty appointment.
- “Business” before Bow Wow: Please take your pet to do it’s “business” before their appointment as they may naturally be nervous in a new environment with new people, pets, and smells. We do our utmost to provide your pet with a safe and comfortable environment while getting them in and out to be “Beautified” in a reasonable time frame. Conducting “business” before grooming also saves you “re-bathe” fees (50% of your normal bath fee) associated with having to bathe/blow-dry a pet who has had a “business” accident waiting for parent pick-up. Thank you for your understanding.
- Auntie Floe Visiting? Not to mention a messy proposition, a girl in heat is a distraction for most males. What do you get when you mix an English Bulldog & a Shih-tzu? Exactly! To preserve the peace and comfort of our clients; we reserve the right to ask you to leave and come back in 2-3 weeks.
- Contagious? Please do not bring a furry baby that has any type of contagious skin issue, disease, fungus, or worms. With previous Veterinarian Tech experience we will identify the problem, call your vet for verification, and you will pay the cost of your appointment. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately for the safety of our clients and staff.
Pick up your pet within 3o minutes of our “completion” phone call. Although we take good care of your furry baby, a shorter stay with fewer dogs in the salon makes for a more relaxing environment for all. Similar to a restaurant having a certain number of tables available, we limit our occupancy to make a more pleasant environment for our furry clients. This is why pets prefer us over our corporate competition.
Need more time past your grooming session? If you would like to extend the stay for your fur baby past the recommended 30-60 minute pick-up window, we are more than happy to keep your fur baby for an additional cost. The cost is $15 for up to 4 hours & $30 for up to 8 hours. Why? We don’t like to see our furry clients cooped up too long waiting for their pet parents and therefore we take time our of our busy grooming schedule to walk or hydrate your dog which is commonly referred to as “pet sitting” which is not complimentary. Please let us know in advance when dropping off your pet if you need this service.
Appointment Cancellation/Late Pick-up Fees
- 48 Hour Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please do so 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. If your appointment is canceled without just cause, you “no-show” or do not have up to date vaccination records which forfeits your appointment, there is a $20 Appointment Cancellation Fee that will be collected.
- Close of business late pick up fees: We respect your time and assume you respect ours. We hope you understand that like you, we have family, and plans after we leave BWBS. We charge $1/minute for every minute you are late past close of business. If you are late past 1 hour after close of business, we will keep your pet overnight at a cost of $100 in addition to your dog grooming fees. You can pick up your pet at business opening the following day.
- Discount Promo Cancellation Policy: No call/No show for a 1st Time Client discount promotion will automatically forfeit your coupon, Groupon, Living Social, Yelp, or any and all other discounted promotions. Occasionally we run special discount promos to advertise our business. In order to accommodate the increased demand in appointments, we increase our staff each day based on the appointments scheduled. Therefore it is imperative that all of our clients respect our time by rescheduling or cancelling their appointment 48 hours in advance of their scheduled appointment.
We sincerely thank you in advance for understanding our professional protocols. Your patience and cooperation ensures our ability to provide you and your pets with our high standards of professionalism and customer service.
Bow Wow Beauty Shoppe